Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F84-based Tachometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

algor

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic tachometer

Hi...

I'm doing a project on PIC16f84. I wanna make a digital tachometer using this PIC but i don't know what to do first. Can somebody give me an idea of how to do it? Thanx... I'd be very grateful for ur help.

tachometer pic

First you get acquainted with 16F84 datasheet.I mean you read all of it.
Then use the tmr0 input (RA4) to count the incoming pulses and count them for a certain period of time chosen to satisfy your requirements for refresh rate,accuracy and ease of design.
The period of measurement will be determined by especially made delay blocks in the program.
If the rotor is slow then you'll have to measure not the frequency but the period between two pulses.Then the algorithm is different.
If you want some hints give some details as the RPM range of the rotor,how many pulses there are per revolution,what refresh rate you want,what type of display etc.

pic tacho

algor said:
Hi...

I'm doing a project on PIC16f84. I wanna make a digital tachometer using this PIC but i don't know what to do first. Can somebody give me an idea of how to do it? Thanx... I'd be very grateful for ur help.

here is it two of them are very intrusting design based avr and pic16f84a
hope this will help you

tachometer with pic

Please upload the schematic files which are missing from tachoasm.zip. The archive only has asm and pcb pdf's there is no schematic.
Digital tachometer by silicon chip mag.
It is what i wanted....

pic based tachometer

chewbecca said:
Please upload the schematic files which are missing from tachoasm.zip. The archive only has asm and pcb pdf's there is no schematic.
Digital tachometer by silicon chip mag.
It is what i wanted....

sory i only have code and pcb if some once have schematic for this please sahre with us the rest file which are in this archive have every thing

pic16f84 tachometer

hello, i want to build a circuit with pic 16f84a as a circle tachometer, for exaples i want to count how many pulses i have per minute. can anyone help me please? thanks

tachometer using pic

Do you Have Pic Basic Pro?

Then you could use the Counter Command
Which will count pulses from preset pin and time.

tachometer 16f84

thanks for the circuit... i need this

pic rpm counter

Thanks for the program, I need to know how I can do in order to earn some points. Thanks.

pic tachometer circuit

Hi guys...I just want to share my experience working with PIC16F84:
1. First of all, make ur specifcation for the system.
2. Read the PIC16F84 manual clearly.
3. Use the PICbasic Pro compiler software, it's very easy to build program (read the PICbasic Pro manual, please).
4. Make the simulation with VSM Proteus ( U can build the circuit and download ur program that is made by PICbasic Pro software to this simulator virtually, I've really enjoyed it :) )
5. Verify your project
6. Having fun..:)

Hopely useful.:D

Reactions: gane01

gane01

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pic16f84a tachometer

I know it's some time later, but how did you go?
I'm interested in building one myself for my 82 Corona

pic16f tachometer

Will the tachometer work on a 3 cylinder engine?

pic1684 based digital tachometer

ELECTRICIAN254 said:
Do you Have Pic Basic Pro?

Then you could use the Counter Command
Which will count pulses from preset pin and time.

I think you say COUNT command

COUNT Pin,Period,Var

Var is the number of pulses that occur on Pin during the Period

pic based digital tachometer

here a good easy tachometer.... it's late for it maybe...

**broken link removed**

7 segment tachometer schematics

Hi all,

anyone got an electronic copy(PDF) of Silicon Chip's RPM project??
I believe its the 2000 issue, dont know the month....the one with 7 segment AND 10LED bar display... I got the source code 16F84(ASM) and PCB layout downloaded from the forum somewhere but dont have info on the schematic.. anyone can share??

kindly send to my mail: beamrx5 (at) yahoo.com

thanks ! :D

tachometer pic16f84

or how about 16F84 with just 10leds..per led should light up a certain RPM... frequency measured x 60 = RPM....

anyone have a code for this?

4 stroke single cylinder

lowest is about 880RPM(14.67Hz) to a high of about 13,000RPM(216.67Hz)

Im no good at programming..sorry

anyone can help? even a simple code will do(ASM preferrably)... I CAN DONATE POINTS!

thank you!

16f84 tacho

There are a lot of such projects involving either microcontrollers or LM3914 ic.
Google is your friend.

pic tach circuit

I believe thats not the answer I was hoping for...I was hoping for the PIC way, fewer parts....I have done the 'google' way but cant find such info...

rpm-counter-16f84

SJ,

KINDLY read my 1st post..

S I L I CO N C H I P R P M M E T E R :D

thanks for the link/s anyway, seen them all BEFORE I have asked for help here...

I think I just have to "debug" the ASMcode and "educated-guess" it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back