Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] pic16f72 sinewave inverter with asm codes. not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
prof i think the complete code and the circute diagram is here in the tread just search you will see it.

this thread make me wanted to design something, I'm almost ready, a 3phase generator exactly!

HI
I am looking for a pic 16f72 based single phase sine wave inverter schematic with description.
Specifically -
1. how to wire mains feed back?
2. how to wire overload protection?
3. how to incorpoorate charge control?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
prof. Tata.

hello every one i want to make 5kva inverter form 48V dc..with pic micro controller how can i get the code can any one help me in code or in its design...circuit diagram thxs..

Hi qaisar91,

I personally think that it is not a good idea to gather code and schematics and trying to put together a 5KVA system, unless you are well versed on the subject. A mismatched driver to the MOSFET/IGBTs can be catastrophic. A 5KVA for mixed inductive load may not be very easy to put through. Post specific issues, I would try to share my experience if any.
Regards

sir i m doing a project on 5kVA inverter using pic microntroller i have to simulate its design in software and write the code for pic microcontroller...i m a student and started working on this project recently i have 2 months only for this project..how should i start that ?how can i go for that can u suggest me any thing...thxs

I use this medium to appreciate guys which their presentations and work of experiences has change my life and students.I say thank,
Afronixs

HI
I am looking for a pic 16f72 based single phase sine wave inverter schematic with description.
Specifically -
1. how to wire mains feed back?
2. how to wire overload protection?
3. how to incorpoorate charge control?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
prof. Tata.

1) Why do you want mains feedback? What exactly is this going to be used for? You can convert the mains to DC, filter the DC, scale the voltage down (to a level safe enough for the microcontroller) and then measure the output using the ADC of the PIC.

2) Use a sensor that acts as a current to voltage converter (you can use a resistive shunt (V=IR) or a hall-effect sensor). Amplify the output voltage and then measure using the PIC. Shut down the oscillations when the voltage level is too high (compare with the reference voltage for the maximum current).

3) Depends on how you want to charge the battery. I assume you're using a lead-acid battery. A 2-stage or 3-stage charger would not be difficult to construct.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

hello mr rahman,
pls how can i modify this schematic for a ten 10kva inverter and the relay that controls main and inverter, how can i use igbt in place of the relay.

Hi,

If you would be running mixed (inductive) load with the inverter (Normal for a 10KVA build) I would suggest using IGBTs with Drivers capable of De-Saturation Protection and 2 Step Shutdown, like the TD350. Do you have a BOM orogund or you are just trying to figure it out. May I know your previous build experiences ??
Regards

thnk for the quick respond. i dnt bom, but i hv bein buildin smaller inverter with mosf. all i want is hw to use igbt in place of relay for mains change over switch and i want schematic for it pls.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
pls can you help me with a schematic of TD350 driver to use to drive igbt for 10kva and how do i use igbt in place of relay and schematic to drive the igbt,that i want to use as relay.
thanks

Hi,

This appnote http://www.irf.com/technical-info/designtp/dt94-5.pdf might get you started. Find the attachment A TD350 appnote.

regards
Sougata

P.S. I forgot to mention that you can use an isolated supply voltage of around 15 volts and standard opto drivers such as the TLP250 to drive the IGBTs. In applications such as 10KVA large currents are involved so the current zero cross would lag thus introducing delay of one AC cycle should be safe to prevent cross-conduction.

Attachments

• TD350 Gate Driver AppNote.pdf
    226.8 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:

Hi
thank u very much for the info,but hv u ever use igbt ln place of a relay before? if so how did you do it

- - - Updated - - -

hi andi i saw how to use igbt as a relay thanks but i need an already made one that has being tested and its working pls thanks.

Hi,

No I have never used IGBTs as Static Bypass Switch rather Inverse Parallel Thyristor. Since you would be switching IGBTs in an AC circuit the methodology mentioned should work. It has been used in Sinewave DMX Dimming Application. For large switching currents electromechanical option is CONTACTER, I would like to know why you intend to use IGBTs there.

Regards
Sougata

hi
i want to use because of its fast swicthing rate and do hv code to use for lcd to display volt and freq and charging level.

- - - Updated - - -

on pic16f72 i want to use 2*16 display.

hi
why i want to use igbt,it because igbt is very fast in switching that why, pls i want to use an lcd display for communication, is there any way,that i can get an hex code, will display input/output voltage, amps,temp,freq. pls help.
regards.

Hi,

IGBTs are fast but then it depends upon your application. If you are looking for a replacement of online UPS with your inverter, I am afraid with the 16F72 based design being discussed here, it would fail. A synchronous transfer is needed, where the sine generation code is always working and locked to the input AC frequency (Software PLL) and also current measurement coupled with DC bus voltage in a feedforward feedback arrangement to do fast transfers. It is not very easy to implement though. I have walked the path with my limited skills and have had several hurdles.

As I always suggest and follow myself it is better to achieve one milestone (design goal) at a time. Better complete the IGBT transfer scheme then proceed to HMI.

Orogund there are several applications where a LCD is used to display system parameters. Being a commercial product I regret my inability to share such design details publicly. Currently I am working in a team on a Unicode compatible HMI for online ups with a PC side configuration software to change User Interface Language. I am responsible for the instrumentation and communication ports. Where are you located btw ? I am from Kolkata, India.

I would revert back when you actually start working on the project.

Regards
Sougata

hi
i must thanks u for ur help so far,
wel i hv always want to do two things, static change over switch and the lcd, but like u said, first thing first.
i live delta state nigeria,on the 10kva inverter i am working on, i want to make it an online inverter, so that it work as a stabilizer, cos where we re low voltage is wht we experience'; and i want to use the pic16f72 inverter sch for a buck boost stabilizer, where the feed back of pwm will add and subtrac in the main out put, pls throw more on it pls, if any idea.
regards
orogund.

- - - Updated - - -

hi
i must thanks u for ur help so far,
what i mean is a static voltage stabilizer. for buck and boost.

powerteche

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.