Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f628a interfaced with 7segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxt_

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to interface pic16f628a with seven segment display common cathod. my wiring is okay (i guess).. -segment is attatched to portb with series resistors 300 ohm, the program is supposed to display the number of high pulses enter PORTA.0, from 0~9 i write it in picbasic (proton). when i start the program it just display 0 as there is no high pulses enter porta.0, although i keep connect porta.0 to 5v and no respond. and onther issue; is uptill now 3 ics are damaged. don't know the reason. the connection are okay . Vss to gnd, vdd to 4.5v, mclr to 4.5v, crystal is 4mhz in the osc1,osc2 pins and 10kpulldown resistor on porta.0 and the rest are the button and the 7segment. so any help? is there any addiotional intialization i should do before i start the program.

Many Thanks For Your Attention.

post your code then only we can check it

Status
Not open for further replies.