Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f628a digital clock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny11

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am a complete newbie to pic's. I have built the digital clock/date/ thermometer by Bogdi. I have it set up on a breadboard. It shows the clock fine the changes to the date. but then it shows 3 in the rh led. If you touch the pic with your finger or even get close to it. it works fine. I'm going mad trying to find/think of an answer. Best I can think of its some kind of capacitance problem. Any help would be appreciated.

hi
have u pulled up reset pin of the controller through a suitable resistor..
and add decoupling capacitore accros vdd and vss.
set the config fuse to disable LVP (Low Voltage Programming)

Hi,

Are you using any crystals on the project - would assume you are using the internal oscillator for the main clock and perhaps a 32k crystal for the clock ?

If you are using one or two then these are know to cause problems with their leads/ connections to the breadboard.
If so, then solder the crystal and caps onto a bit of strip board and take two breadboard wires from it to the pic. Keep the wires as short as possible.

Hi
Thanks for the response. Been busy lately but finally got to try your suggestions. did things one by one with no joy. however when messing with the crystal noticed temp probe not sitting correctly. refitted working fine now. Had ruled this out as author of project said it will run without just show 0 deg. Thanks for your help though much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back