Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f628 and comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f628 comparator

If we configure CM2:CM0=010 (The configuration that we use two comparators, one input of each comparator is from vref module and the selection between RA0 - RA3 and RA1 - RA2 is done by CMCON[CIS])
Say we only want to use RA1 as analog input to comparator and we made other pins output by setting necessary bits in TRISA register. What i want to ask is: In this configuration, if we set RA0,RA2 and RA3 pins as out, can we use them as digital output? Or can we only use as analog inputs?

comparator and pic16f628

Hi,
I never had such idea. But you could check it out using SIM in MPLAB.

Just a thought. Don't forget about ADCON1 needed to be configured as digital output.

pic16f628 analog input

There is no adcon register in 16f628. It seems that it is working according to mplab. But i still couldn't be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.