Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC1684A interface with RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazmy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic1684a

Im a student that develope one of the system by using microcontroller PIC16F84A under signal and image processing. This microcontroller must be conect through RS232 and it will communicate two-way and I use Visual Basic to display the image. The PIC16F84A will control several set of infrared sensor (transmitter and receiver) and it always monitor by online programing (Visual Basic). The data that PC get through RS232 will receive from PIC16F84A and the data will manupulate by visual basic to generate the image at monitor. My problem is about circuitry and how to make online connection between PIC16F84A and RS232. I hope anybody can help me or gine me an idea. thanks a lot.

pic16f84a rs232

You have to use RS-232 driver IC. This will convert TTL/CMOS levels to +/- levels on the RS-232 Tx and Rx lines.
You can find a lot of drivers available. Some time ago the most popular was MAX232 or equivalent .. Go to MAXIM-IC site ..

Now, PIC1684 doesn't have a UART.
So you have 2 options:
1. create UART in software (not difficult)
or
2. Select a PIC which does have a UART..

pic16f84a interface rs232

You can check Chapter 8 Serial Communication and Creating I/O Lines of the following ebook:

PIC microcontroller project book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back