Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC165877 and MikroC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahir4awan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't have much knowledge about advanced microcontroller programming and the term UART always confused me. What I understand about UART that you can send data from PC to microcontroller.
Can anyone explain me about UART and it would be better if you can post circuit diagram so that I can better understand it. Thanks

I don´t use MikroC myself but you can always change to hitech free version and spend some time looking at the samples they have.

They have one about the uart for the PIC16XXXX.

You use any simulator program? like isis proteus? i can show you how you can connect over a virtual rs232 COM(connects from proteus to a receiver program just like Hercules or the Rs232analyser, you can also create a VB app to check the data in/out of the pic) using a ComPin and a db9.

Thanks for reply
Basically my point is that UART is a chip that makes communication between PC and Microcontroller. Am I right?

I learn everything from button F1( Help) UART it's very basic if we are talking about the communication between PC <----> MCU
in fact I still think UART write it easy but UART read it more complex. :lol:

see below example only UART_wirte..

w0pho.png

TTL by Max232:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back