Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC12f bit configuration error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrowspace

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Code:
__config(cp_off  & boren_off & wdte_off & pwrte_on & fosc_hs );

hi-tech c pro for the pic10/12/16 mcu family (lite) v9.65
copyright (c) 1984-2009 hi-tech software
(1273) omniscient code generation not available in lite mode (warning)
error [800] c:\docume~1\orange\locals~1\temp\s1s8.; 41. Undefined symbol "fosc_hs"
error [800] c:\docume~1\orange\locals~1\temp\s1s8.; 41. Undefined symbol "pwrte_on"
error [800] c:\docume~1\orange\locals~1\temp\s1s8.; 41. Undefined symbol "wdte_off"
error [800] c:\docume~1\orange\locals~1\temp\s1s8.; 41. Undefined symbol "boren_off"
error [800] c:\docume~1\orange\locals~1\temp\s1s8.; 41. Undefined symbol "cp_off"

It just means it didn't know what those names refer to. I do not use hi-tec but is it possible the names should be in upper case or maybe start with an underscore?
There should be a header file (.h or .inc) for your processor which lists all the valid names.

Brian.

Code:
#define _LEGACY_HEADERS
#include<htc.h>
#include<pic.h>

__CONFIG(CP_OFF  & BOREN_OFF & WDTE_OFF & PWRTE_ON & FOSC_HS );

HI-TECH C PRO for the PIC10/12/16 MCU family (Lite) V9.65
Copyright (C) 1984-2009 HI-TECH SOFTWARE
(1273) Omniscient Code Generation not available in Lite mode (warning)
Error [800] C:\DOCUME~1\orange\LOCALS~1\Temp\sic.; 45. undefined symbol "FOSC_HS"
Error [800] C:\DOCUME~1\orange\LOCALS~1\Temp\sic.; 45. undefined symbol "PWRTE_ON"
Error [800] C:\DOCUME~1\orange\LOCALS~1\Temp\sic.; 45. undefined symbol "WDTE_OFF"
Error [800] C:\DOCUME~1\orange\LOCALS~1\Temp\sic.; 45. undefined symbol "BOREN_OFF"
Error [800] C:\DOCUME~1\orange\LOCALS~1\Temp\sic.; 45. undefined symbol "CP_OFF"

This also not working

Firstly, what is the specific PIC12F for which are you attempting to compile? The Hi-Tech PICC compiler may not support it.

Have you ensure the specific PIC is properly selected within the IDE, MPLAB or MPLAB X?

Also, you are currently using PICC v9.65, which is a bit long in the tooth, I suspect the last version released was PICC v9.83, you might consider updating the compiler toolset.

Lastly, only the following header is required and should be included:

Code:
#include<htc.h>

Not:

Code:
#include<pic.h>

If not used the predefined macro:

Code:
#define _LEGACY_HEADERS

Therefore, I as I'm not familiar with it and is not listed in the actual documentation, I'm uncertain as to its function or relevancy in this case.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.