Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC10F200 and JDM programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaller10F200

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I built a JDM programmer and use it with WinPIC. I could successfully read and program PIC12F675 so I know the hardware and software do talk with each other. However when I tried to read or program 10F200 (on a breakout board) things just fell apart. The progress bars would run but I got 0FFF in all memory locations and WinPIC would indicate "action aborted" in the status line. I measured the VDD (+5V) and MCL (+12V) and both looked correct. 12F675 would also work if I use jump wires to program it on the breadboard so I know the connection wire length was not the problem. Does anybody have idea why this happens and how to fix it?

There must be 50 different versions of 'JDM' programmer, which one are you using?
Please note that NONE of them are guaranteed to meet the official programming specification, particularly if you are powering it from a serial port.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.