Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC serial communication receiving programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsuns

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i am doing my project which is capturing image with a TTL camera and read from the EUSART of the microcontroller

i am stuck on the programming for how to read from the RCREG without any data lost

datasheet of camera

my original code is below but it will cause data lost

Code:
void camera_rx()
{
	int x;
   unsigned char rx_buffer[512];
	for(x=0 ; x<=512 ; x++)
	{
		RCSTAbits.CREN=1;
		while(PIR1bits.RCIF==0);
		RCSTAbits.CREN=0;
		rx_buffer[x]=RCREG;
	}
}

if i don't enable and disable CREN then it will cause overrun error and i don't have any other idea to solve both problem, this is very urgent and important to me, so can anyone help out on how to write the programming for storing 512 byte continuosly into an array ?

thanks

You need to have a circular buffer and two pointers, a read pointer and a write pointer.
You should use the receive interrupt to write the characters to the buffer and increment the write pinter, and your main program loop to read the data and increment the read pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back