Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programmer that uses parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

seekee

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello... anyone know of any programmer for PIC microcontrollers using the parallel port??? If you do, can I have a schematic or board layout and what software is used to upload the hex file to the microcontroller. Thanks!!!

tait 7407

hello
if you are using win98, search the net for "p877"
if you are using winxp, there is a V.G programmer named "propicXP" which you can find easily by searching the internet

genrally , you can use the supreem programmer ICprog
for any windows version and for many programmer circuits

feed back me about your results
thanks

ozipic programmer

i would recommend the Ozipic programmer which is a varient of the P16PRO40 programmer which infact is based on the original David Tait design.

**broken link removed**

16pro40

I'm using Tait programmer (74LS07, pnp transistors) and Winpic.
I have also a serial programmer, but it is useless for PIC12F629/675 in _MCLRE_OFF & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT mode.
The paralel programmer was tested with PIC12F675, PIC16F627 and PIC16F871.
This is the only programmer for initial use.
Regards

el cheapo schematic programmer for pic16f627

h**p://www.willem.org -PIC ,Atmel and more!

oshonsoft pic programmer

Desert Leo said:
I'm using Tait programmer (74LS07, pnp transistors) and Winpic.
I have also a serial programmer, but it is useless for PIC12F629/675 in _MCLRE_OFF & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT mode.
The paralel programmer was tested with PIC12F675, PIC16F627 and PIC16F871.
This is the only programmer for initial use.
Regards
JDM is a good Programmer and there some shematic that work in Xp/2000

ozipic programmers

jdm is a serial programmer.i have both jdm and propic but propic can program about 50 pics.plus connects by paralel port.
**broken link removed**

pic ozipic

I'm using this one:
**broken link removed**
This is so called "Tait , 7407(driver) +PNP transistor" and is recognized by Winpic
http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/winpicpr.html.

I have also universal serial programmer (bought as a kit in Bulgaria an based on MAX232, 40106 and 2 transistors) for PIC, ATMEL and EEPROM. It is very nice, but useless for PICs that require raising Vpp (12V) before Vdd (5v).

Both of them are working under WinXP with ICprog and Winpic.
The choice is yours, but I prefer only programmer that can control both Vpp and Vdd.

pic programmer with oshon soft

I Built the Willelm,Ozipic,16PRO40.EL Cheapo,JDM I'll give you my opion on them
WILLELM-TOO COMPLICATED to use for a newbie,too many adapters to build
Ozipic-good programmer,allow's in circuit programming
16PRO40-good programmer,the one i use 95% of the time(ozipic is the other)
you can find both here http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/
JDM-too many people have problems getting them to work because of low voltage on there serial port
EL Cheapo- not recommended
as for software ic prog and winpicprog the reason i use both is i find winpicprog doesn't erase certain chips properly sometimes and ic prog does it very rare though
hope that help's
cheers

tlvp winpic800

https://www.OshonSoft.com

PIC SIMULATOR IDE
8< ------------------------------------------------\
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PIC Simulator IDE]
"License Owner"="EDAboard.com"
"License Code"="18538511061115204516"
8< ------------------------------------------------/

Z80 SIMULATOR IDE
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Z80 Simulator IDE]
"License Code"="63036799015458503632"

8085 SIMULATOR IDE
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\8085 Simulator IDE]
"License Code"="64662219595856556153"

oshon pic programmer pcb

I found a parallel programmer of pic called 3pdip in the fourm of www.microchip.com.there are just there ic in the circuit.It's very simple.
You can search the forum in forums of www.microchip.com to find more informations.

Re: PIC programmer HELP!

I know this topic is quite old but for those who still reads this, new to PIC programming and are looking for a good or decent programmer then i would recommend one of the best that I tried and still using up to now. One of them is the Ozipic'er (parallel port programmer). It uses WinPicProg software but it's also compatible with ICProg. I also made it work with Winpic800. Already tested programming several PIC's like 16F88, 16F628/A, 16F877/A and even (18F4550 using ICProg). It has also a built-in ICP.

https://www.plmsdevelopments.com/ozipicer/plms_ozipicer.shtml

Another one is the newer USB type PIC programmer called the ICD2 Clone which uses both PIC's 16F877 and 18F4550 but needs a specific firmware for it to work. It uses the MPLAB software and can also function as a debugger. IMO this is better than both the serial or parallel port type programmers since it could work with no problem on newer computers or laptops and supports even more PIC chips.

https://www.sonsivri.com/forum/index.php?topic=9886.0

PIC programmer HELP!

a good or decent programmer

not a good or decent programmer but a great programmer is a pickit2.

Re: PIC programmer HELP!

millwood said:
a good or decent programmer

not a good or decent programmer but a great programmer is a pickit2.

No doubt it's good but like i said i only mentioned the ones that i tried and actually have. I did try to make a Pickit2 but the problem is the parts availability and one of them is the PIC 18F2550. I don't like buying the kit cause i like to build it as a hobbyist and it feels better knowing you are using something you built yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.