Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic programmer problem(pic pg1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraz101

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have build the programmer shown below link

https://www.olimex.com/dev/pic-pg1.html

i am using ic prog and winpic softawres
it is programming pic16f84 correctly but not programming pic16f628.pic16f628 is not faulty.it is working with the other programmer.
any ideas and experiences share with me.
thanx alot

dont understand give more detail about the problem

in the manual of this programmer it is indicated that it can programme the pic16f628.but it is not doing this.
but programmer is programming pic16f84

what type programmer u use?

u used WinPIC800?

Hi,
pin no. 10 (RB4/PGM) must be low,
you must connect him to gnd,
regards

i have tried ic prog and winpic800 both.
i have also groung the pgm pin.but no success.
does all of you know any diy pic programmer with icsp.
please tell me

Hi,
I you don't have a hardware or cable problem, (probably you not because programmer work with 16f84, you say)
you have problem with capability of you'r COM port,
olimex pg1 and pg2 use power from COM port, I have experiences with similar problem, on one PC work fine but on another's PC not work,
specialy not work on LapTop PC,
try you'r programmer on another PC,
to program pic you need 13V, to accomplish this pg1 and pg2 programmer use voltage pump, this pump work Ok only if you'r Motherboard on you'r PC generate good COM voltage,
best regards
p.s. I have this problem with some pic (bad contact on one or more pin(s), I solve this with put pic in another DIP socket.

may be this problem.
i have noticed one more thing today.
i tried to implement ICSP today for pic16f84.but it was not working. i used 12 inch wire for icsp cable.but when i have sort down the lenght of icsp cable to 3 inches it starts working.
i thing this indicates the my comport is not able to provide more power.
do you recommend any other diy programmer taking power from other souce and take only signal from comport
thanx

i have not used the programmer you mention, but a modified jdm programmer works fine with winpic800 software.It is also called a multipic programmer or a feng programmer.
It does program most of the pic's and also works from the power from serial port. It works fine on desktops, but may not work with newer laptops.
h**p://www.hamradioindia.org/circuits/feng.php
Hope this helps.

thank you all friend
i have programmed the pic on another pc by grounding tha RB4/PGM pin.
once again thank you all guys.

but one problem still remains.it is the icsp cable lenght.
when i use 12inch cable icsp doesnt work.
and when i use 3inch cable it starts working.
what's the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.