Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic programmer for PIC18 family

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie111

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic programmer

hi,
a while ago i got the pic kit 2 starter kit that is bundled with a low pin demo board from microchip

the manual says the programmer supports pic 18 family

my question is the low pin demo board cannot support 18 family pics

now i have to burn a pic18 chip

Does it mean i have to connect vpp, vss,vdd, clock and data to my target pic directly? or buy another programmer or anything?

Thanks

Re: pic programmer

Either connect to your target directly, observing the notes that came with your Pickit 2 or you can wire to a socket and place the IC in it to program it, removing it again for use in your project.

The PicKit 2 provides all the signals and voltages needed to program the device so it is quite safe and normal to simply wire its outputs to an empty socket.

Brian.

newbie111

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

It is no problem for the PICkit2 to program the 18F family. Just have a look at the datasheet of your PIC and locate the PGD, PGC, VPP, VCC and GND pins. Then connect these 5 pins with the corresponding pins on your programmer, and you can program...

Thank you, guys. I will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back