Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Programmer Controller - PICSTARTER +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PIC START PLUS FOUND

stroma said:
hi gdaporta

1. C21 – C25 are normally not mounted. If you experience some problems with programming then you can put some 10pf to 22pf caps to improve signal shape

2. I construct it and Yes it works fine for me. You can find my pbc design for picstart @ this forum

best regars
stroma

Thank´s you STROMA, I´found your pcb, but too late. Now I´have mi own design.

I asked about the expierence with these design becouse the uC and the DG411´s have a cost of U$S 90.
Here in Argentina, it´s too much money, so I must evaluate it very well.

I will construct it soon.

Thank´s you very much.

Guille

Int Art said:
ME

I can not open eagle files.
what version were they created with
They seems to be made in Protel and not Eagle! :D

WANT EaGLE files

will this support entire PIC Series?anybody hav eagle layout design of this for eagle V3.55

Hello everybody:

I'm from Argentina and here whe have no access for some components. For example it's impossible to buy the PIC17C44-33/P or the PIC18F6720.
I found all other components but I don't have access to the heart of the PICSTARTER+.
Of course I tried to buy the PSPFLASH via internet, but the shipment it's too expensive.

Anybody know if it's possible to make the PICSTARTER+ main board from www.5v.ru and put in place of PSPFLASH the original upgrade from Microchip (PICSTART Plus Flash Re-Programmable Firmware Upgrade).:?:

I'm asking these becouse I found a reseller from Microchip that sells these Original Upgrade here in Argentina.

If somebody have this programmer working this way, please tell me:!:. These is the only way I could have it.

Best Regards.

GuillerMo

hi

better try to build an icd2 clone ... it's become cheap and available anywhere..
look at www.icd2clone.com

you will be able to program AND debug your pics !

the pic 17c... are quite impossible to get..

Kripton2035 said:
hi

better try to build an icd2 clone ... it's become cheap and available anywhere..
look at www.icd2clone.com

you will be able to program AND debug your pics !

the pic 17c... are quite impossible to get..

Thank's Kripton2035 but ICD2 Clone don't allow me to program OTP microcontrollers.

ICD2 has been created for debug functions, if you use OTP microcontrollers you can't use an in circuit debugger. At least, I can't use for example PIC16C54.
Thats why I need PICTARTER+ working fine.

Do you have any colleague with expierence in PICSTARTER+

By,

GuillerMo (AR)

blueroomelectronics said:
The PICSTART+ is a very slow programmer. Can you switch to F series PICs?

blueroomelectronics,

I'm using OTP uC in a very cheap equipment. These equipments have no problems with the uC speed. Of course I'm using F uC for some other equipment, but if the most significant factor is the equipment cost, the best chance is using OTP uC.

Thank's for you opinion.

By,

GuillerMo (AR)

Hello everybody
At least I build it!
I tell you my expierence with PICSTARTER+, I build it with the schematics from www.5v.ru but I used the original upgrade from Microchip becouse I didn't found the uC here in Argentina.

Everything work OK and I upgrade PICSTART Plus firmware to version 04.50.02.
The only objection I have is the speed of the programmer, It's too slow, but nothing else.
I post a picture of the finished picstart. I'm very proud of the last details.

By.

GuillerMo (AR)

ME said:
Here are some PCB-layouts and schematics former uploaded here at elektroda.

pic programmers in e-a-g-l-e.rar: h**p://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?p=172289#172289

thanks... but pdf format pcb?

Hi there, I´m new on this board and looking for a Picstart+ schematic and board in Eagle format. I looked on h**p://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?p=172289#172289 but this link seems like working no longer. And the stuff I found here looks like Eagle but is a Protel project. I would really appreciate if one of you could provide me the Eagle files for this.
Thanks for your kind help, and greetings from Munich!
Joe

Just completed my picstart+ clone. Working ok:)

Status
Not open for further replies.