Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC interface with PC through USART

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzintani

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic usart

please , I need help

Any body show me how to interface PIC microcontroller with PC using USART.

usart in pic

What programming languages are you planning to use, either on the PC and on the PIC side?

pic pc interface

I want to use assemply PIC instruction on the pic ,but on the PC i dont know yet
may be i will use C or Assemply as well

usart pic

Hello !
to interface your PIC with the PC you need a MAX232. This IC will be connected on one side to the Sub-D9 of your PC and on the other side to your PIC (USART)(please, use a second Sub-D9 connector). Not knowing which PIC your are using, I cannot tell you which pins to connect where. But it should be easier if you look at your datasheets( PIC, MAX232).
Hope this helps. Just ask, if you got other questions.

You may also check this link:
**broken link removed**

Regards
Kabanga

pic usart pc

hello

simply i need to make interface system between "EasyPIC4 development system" and PC through the USART of PIC - " any PIC" -MIcrocontroller and to be connected with the serial port "9 bins com " of the PC.

and devolop a software to read the tempreture from the sensor mounted on "EasyPIC4 development system" and display this tempreture on the PC

pls i need help

usart with pc

Hello
you're giving no information on what really want to do.
First you have to choose a PIC (which corresponding to your needs).
You cannot just say "any PIC".
You have to begin doing something and then can help further.
Regards
Kabanga

using the usart in the pic

Hi,
As I see EASYPIC4 contains all the hardawre you are looking for - an RS 232 interface and a DS1820 temperature sensor, all you have to do is to just connect to PC and write a software in PC to collect the temperature data and process it.
Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back