Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Digital Thermometer Interfacing with PIC ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3gr8

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody ..
I am working on a project in which I have to interface an IR based digital thermometer with PIC16F877A .. My task is to fetch the thermometer readings i.e. Temperature .. There is an EEPROM IC inside the thermometer (connected over I2C bus), may be 24c04, which saves the readings and thermometer can store 30 readings .. My question is how can i read the data from the EEPROM chip? Can i achieve this by connecting my PIC as a master or do i need multi-master setup?? Plz help :( ..

hi,
With a 16F877A PIC configure the PIC as the master and just read the I2C 24C04 EEPROM data into the PIC.
Do you have a datasheet for the IR thermometer which shows the I2C protocols required.?

Which language do you use for programming.? If its assembler I may be able to help.

E

Thankyou esp1 for your reply ..
No, i dont have info about the IR Receiver :( , its just the one used with the thermometer ..
I use C language and CCS Compiler .. :)

But i am a bit confused .. Since the Thermometer also has its MCU for writing the data into the EEPROM , will my PIC16F877A, configured as a Master, will read the data correctly?? ..

hi,
With a 16F877A PIC configure the PIC as the master and just read the I2C 24C04 EEPROM data into the PIC.
Do you have a datasheet for the IR thermometer which shows the I2C protocols required.?

Which language do you use for programming.? If its assembler I may be able to help.

E

But i am a bit confused .. Since the Thermometer also has its MCU for writing the data into the EEPROM , will my PIC16F877A, configured as a Master, will read the data correctly?? ..

Status
Not open for further replies.