Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic ans RS232 on Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth.Vader

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people :D

I have try to send to rs232 whith a Pic16F84A but the PC receive nothing.
I have test more DLL for NT, Win2000 to work whith serial but nothing to do .....
The serial signal is present on the output from the MAX232 attached to the RX pin from the port .....
I programm in VB6 .... sorry for all 'C' fanatic .... he he
I need that for communicate via a infrared remote to my DivX Player (VIA Eden M9000)

If anyone can help :wink:

Thanx

Darth .....

Hi Darth.Vader

Can you look the datas with hyperterminal of Windows 2000?

First check if your PC-program is able to receive data. This can be easily done by connecting another COM-port or another PC to your receiving-port (crossover and terminal-program). Be sure not to use the hardware-handshake-lines in your program!

Mik

Yes, first try with hyperterm,
be careful too with control signal. You can try 'no flow control', or by hardewiring control signal directly on com port

If you can communicate with win98 but not on win2k try to use dlportio interface.

Hi and Thanx for all this info :D

I go test that ....

When not work i reinstall Win98 on the DivX Player and all my problem will be lost he he :wink:
whit DLPORTIO i have only receive &hFF value from the port.
I go test to another port ... when that the same result ...
bye bye Win2k.

Thanx to all

Darth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back