Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic 18f458........LCD keypad interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARENDRA1234

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
we are interfacing 8 bit LCD and 4*4 keypad to PIC 18f458.its having in built 10 bit adc.so my doubt is ,whether its possible to read or to display data on 8 bit LCD from 10 bit ADC.I mean ADC is converting analog signal into 10 bit data as its a 10 bit ADC,so is it ok to use 8 bit LCS for this?Or its nothing to do with 10 bit ADC ....please help....:sad:

Dear Friend

Your question is very ambiguous and i cant understand what your problem really is? U have to clarify your question to get answer from the members.

I assumed that you want to interface 4*4 keypad and LCD. You want to do something in which you want to get data from Keypad using rows and column scanning and want to show that data on LCD after some processing like some calculator or something. In this case you dont need an ADC.

Regardz
Ayaz Ahmed

Hi
what compiler do you use? in assembly it is hard to use 10 bit but in C or basic it is so easy and there is no problem for use it

Status
Not open for further replies.