Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F458 interface with HCTL 1100 motion control IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

haneef

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I am working on a motor drive circuit consisting of a PIC 18F458 microcontroller. It has to control two DC servomotors using the motion control IC from HP HCTL 1100. The HCTL 1100 is connected to PORT D through 8 bit address data bus. The PIC considers the HCTL 1100 as a bank of registers. The PIC has to write motor position and command to specific registers of the HCTL. I am finding it difficult in writing the C code to write data from PIC to a specific register of HCTL 1100. For example., if I want to write data 00 to register 05H of HCTL, what is the C instruction to write. Can you please help me with this

Hi haneef,
Do you must use PIC 18F458? If your answer is NO I suggest PIC 18F4431.18F4431 have all modules which you need for control your motors.

Hi,
Yes it is compulsary for me to use PIC 18F458 as I have to comply with my Industry Partner requirements and also to use the HCTL 1100 motion control IC.

what does the HCTL 1100 do ?? Is it SPI/I2C basedd, how will the mcu communicate with it ??

dear haneef,
have you solved the problem??

try with next link on page 97:
**broken link removed**

Zoran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back