Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F452 , communications problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesut_yigit

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends;

I have 30 pic boards connected to a PC. Communication system is based on 4 wire RS 422 system. Biasing of comms line is performed using two 470 ohms to GND and + 5volt lines. Also , lines are terminated at each end. Line drivers are SN75176.

Strange thing is , when I start communications , PIC is resetting , exactly at the same point of communication. Even if I remove the comms cable , problem is still exist. Without the cable plugged, system becoming more sensitive against noise. Even when I try to touch to system , the LED s that are connected to Tx and RX lines (C6 and C7 pins) are lit.

I cancelled watch dog , Stack Underflow /overflow reset , Brownout ETC. But nothings changed. I am suspecting the noise. System is working in an industrial plant. I have used CAT 5 cable as comms. cable.

Could someone help me ?

If you don't require 100% isolated system try to connect 1MΩ resistor in parallel with 10-100nF capacitor between your local GND and any nearest EARTH point..

Status
Not open for further replies.