Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F ADC Problem (plz help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An appropriate preprocessing of the sensor signal would most likely alleviate the majority of the issues in your design.

However, before suggesting a possible option, we need more information concerning the "displacement sensor."

If the datasheet for the sensor is not available, can you provide the sensor's part number or a photo of the device with it's markings?

The name of the manufacture?

BigDog

Sorry to reply late. I fell sick so I couldn't carry on the work. The sensor I am using is pretty old and I don't have a datasheet for it. Its manufacturer is Omron and model no. is Z4D-J121. It gives output voltage of -10V to +10V but i used resistor network carefully so as to not allow any negative voltage in PIC. The minimum voltage level entering in the PIC is not less than 1V I suppose. I think the conversion rate is slow because i think the sensor itself can support sampling rate upto MHz range. However, when i used the code i've posted, many input voltage point is missing. Please help me with this one.

Please help me with this. How can I speed up the ADC process. I want the speed of around 1 KHz. How can I achieve it? What shall I change in code?

Hi, i am new here.
can anyone please help me for the below issues?
1. I need to read the amplified analog signal from an LDR.
2. ADC done with 18f452 (i use complier mikro c and/or mplab)
3. How can i put this digital output to PC? (Need pin in/out details from PIC18f452 and RS232)

will be very grateful for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.