Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 16f877a stepper driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerDJ

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stepper driver schematic

I'm looking for a pic 16f877a stepper driver schematic and any code i can find. The plan is to have a pic run a 3 axis cnc router table with input from the serial port of a desktop computer. I have already gone through the piclist.

Using max232a and a pic16f877a and a series of transistors to run the stepper motors. I already have a good idea on a schematic from some pre'existing online stuff. But its the code i am having alot of trouble finding or even working out. I'm pretty new to pic's but i do have some experience with c++.

pic16f877 stepper

Hi,

First of all if you dont want to do to much hardware you can use the A3967 IC that i have attache dthis data sheet. you can buy it at digi-key and it works great with steepmotor ( dont forget to add the heat sink).
i have attached the 860_STP.pdf file, A Microchip course that that you can read some more on how to control step motor with a PIC.
I also added 2 files that i found on the web. i never used them but you can see what they did...

Good luck.

diy stepper driver

how about using some transistor array uln200x series or tip transistors series

pic stepper driver

I'll keep working on it. Another idea is to use the pic as a controller that runs some driver chips. I have some other allegero samples that i have played with. They can be driven by the printer port. Thanks for the info.

irf540 stepper motor

Try this site:

**broken link removed**

Enigma460

stepper driver schematics

It is better to use some driver chips than using transistors inorder for you to avoid biasing problems.... plus, driver chips have some special features like thermal shutdown and over current protection .......

irf540 step motor

The one plus of using a driver chip like say the sla5071 from allegro or the lmd18245 chips from national is that the chips often have built in pwm or chopper control. I also have some 3977 chips. I'm working on a design at the moment but i need to learn more code. Any results i get i will post to the site.

If anyones look for DIY stepper drivers try Phils sight.

https://pminmo.com/

These are basically the options i'm looking at for driver boards. I guess the idea is that the pic board will be the controller between the desktop and the 3 driver boards. The main issue is that i need it to be connected to either the serial port or usb.

pic16f877 stepper motor

connecting in serial port is a lot easier than the usb, but using the USB is a lot more interesting though.... because currently I myself is still trying to learn things out of it.... =)

pic16f877a stepper motor

if you want stepper motor board pcb ican sent

data sheet 16f877+stepper motor

Hi, I think ccp module in 16f877 could be configured to generate controll pulses requered for stepper motor driver but we only have two ccp modules in 16f877. any body have other idea pls share

pic16f877 step motor

I'm using 4 FET IRF540 for Stepmotor driver, it run good, for speed up, you can increase the supply voltage

stepper motor+irf540

First you need the truth chart of the stepper motor then you simply write the data from the cart directly to the 4 pins of the PIC16F877 you will need 4 pins for each motor, there will be a truth cart for all the different steps you are going to use, for a high resolution you will use 1/4 step and to move it faster to a point you will use full step but you have to go back to 1/4 step before you stop to slow down the motor, note to reverse the motor you only have to reverse the flow of data from your chart it is not so big deal. no need for a stepper driver only a protection diode between the pole of the motor and your possitive line, that is to protect you transistor from back EMF because a stepper motor is an inductive load, hope you understand without the punctuations.

Added after 7 minutes:

Oh yes the truth chart looks something like this

or

Added after 10 minutes:

Another thing to remember is a hi wattage resistor in your common line, say 22 Ohm 5 or 10 whatt, depending on the size of your motors

stepper drive schematic

How Adap to Protel?

stepper motor 16f877

What do you mean Adap to protel, do you have Protel and what version

16f877 stepper controller

Thanks a lot good info.

16f877a step motor

linhnc308 said:
I'm using 4 FET IRF540 for Stepmotor driver, it run good, for speed up, you can increase the supply voltage
Hi linhnc308 you can not speed up the motor with a higher supply voltage, you have to send your data faster or change to larger steps, a higher supply voltage can only damage your components or your stepper motor, it is the frequency of the data that determine the speed of the motor, but you can send the data to fast for the motor to keep up.

Can anyone give me the C code for moving stepper motor in XY dirsection using PIC 16f877a.....I am new to dis field..Our master is not helping me...I need to finish ma project....do repli as soon as possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.