Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 16f877A Hex file

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboudaKing

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
#I'm begginer in real application#

Im working on pic16f877A based project, sumilation in PROTEUS works fine and as desired.
I just bought a pickit3 to make it in real, seted up tje pickit3 for 40dip ic and used mplab IPE to upload hex file
For start i used blinking led hex file, uploaded sucssefully into pic16f877A.
Now for the BreadB, what schematici can use i googeled it and found several schematics
What is the optimal schematic and values for capacitors aeound the crystal and resistor values if needed

Question: i have 2 mcu's one of them i mistakenly bended the first pin 'MCLR' while puting it in dip support and it's a bad bend if i fix it it'll fall off is it possible to solder it back !?
Thank you

Hi,

a breadboard is not suitable for XTAL circuits. It generally is not suitable for reliable high frequency signals.
--> use a development board / breakout board.

Klaus

AboudaKing

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

AboudaKing

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have no idea what OCS means.
Be a little more attentive on your posts, there are several typos.

To use a crystal frequency above about 4 MHz on a breadboard is not workable, you should use the internal oscillator instead.

I'm not clear on exactly what the issue is (other than the MCLR pin!). What does your code do? That will help us advise you on some other parts of your circuit.
To program the chip you do not need an oscillator - the PicKit3 will provide the PGC/PGD/PGM signals and they are enough to program the chip. Running (and/or debugging) your code is a different matter and you certainly will need and oscillator set up.
Susan

For breadboarding PIC16F877A, I used 20MHZ crystal oscillators and 22pF ceramic capacitors. MCLR pin was pulled up with a 1K resistor.

#I'm begginer in real application#

Im working on pic16f877A based project, sumilation in PROTEUS works fine and as desired.
I just bought a pickit3 to make it in real, seted up tje pickit3 for 40dip ic and used mplab IPE to upload hex file
For start i used blinking led hex file, uploaded sucssefully into pic16f877A.
Now for the BreadB, what schematici can use i googeled it and found several schematics
What is the optimal schematic and values for capacitors aeound the crystal and resistor values if needed

Question: i have 2 mcu's one of them i mistakenly bended the first pin 'MCLR' while puting it in dip support and it's a bad bend if i fix it it'll fall off is it possible to solder it back !?
Thank you

Hi
If your MCLR pin is bended so you should give first attention to corrected it because MCLR is the key pin for both Programming and running the Microcontroller.
In the case of soldering the MCLR pin ....Yes......you can solder it using recommended soldering method , I would suggest you first heat the soldering iron then remove it wire from AC supply then solder the MCLR pin .

For further help please post your code and the circuit diagram that you are going to use and you can easily search it on the google then you can find lot of schematics in which most of them are working

PA3041

Status
Not open for further replies.