Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Pic 16f876a Pure Sinewave inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
jagdeep
For 2000VA you will be drawing almost 42 amps from a 48v battery. you can use IRF250 instead of IRL3803 in circuit. TR1 should be 44vAc/230vAc. I think Mr.Taners circuit is for 500VA. If it is so the secondary turns for the CT should be reduced dividing the current turn Nos by 4 for 2000VA. The resistors R28 and R29 may be increased to 10k. Since TLP250 rating is only upto 35v a regulated power supply 15v may be used. The points marked U+ should be 12vdc only. 48v is applied only to the upper half of the H bridge mosfets drain point instead of U+. I think this will solve your problem.
regards
ani

Take note that the TLP250 is single sourced from Toshiba and removed from active catalogs because the status is NRND or Not recommended for New design. I don't know the reason, but it is a rare opto isolated IC that has bipolar MOSFET driver output with Vdd and Vss. This makes the part easy to short out and self-destruct from improper loads that can cause Safe Operating Area SOA violations on pulses without proper snubbing and clamping. I expect field failure rates with variations in CTR with aging and temp make that design extremely difficult to satisfy every known application.. Including this one driving two H bridge IGBT's from TTL gates.

so take Note and Do not copy this design for NEW PRODUCTS.

thanks @picgak :)

but i want to if this program can work for transformer calculation??

Attachments

• transformer-calculation-v01.exe
    1.1 MB · Views: 710

hello guys im back again :p finally i made my invertor work :D but i need to know if someone knows how to change the frequency in the program i need it to be exactly 50hz im getting 47hz does anyone know how
hello zouzanda
what was wrong with your setup? I have the same problem as you. When I apply the load to the inverter , the voltage drops. In my setup everything is made as californiajoes's instructions but I dont know how to repair that problem.How did you fix that problem?

Someone did a nice job of reverse engineering ( well copying at least) another student's design from Switzerland, who now works in that field. I believe the drawing is penned by Taner Nedzhip & Davraew_nInBveyr.

WHat concerns me is the lack of attempt to define the specifications of each block in the diagram and the interface to each block and theoretical analysis. Instead a trial & error approach leads to cross your fingers results. Comments like "it works" is perhaps, loosely based on the assumption that the individual actually knows how to test it with a given load & environmental condition and has acceptance criteria.

I suggest each of you review the specifications of a simple Capacitor and pay attention to the details of all the specifications and see how an error in your assumption that this does not matter can affect the outcome. For example;

1. How would performance improve with choosing Thin Film Polypropylene Caps? ~$1

2. What is the impedance or at least the EST of the electrolytic caps used for the battery source and Bridge V+ and the effective impedance of the MOSFET and CAPS?

3. How does that affect the output change under linear and non-linear load conditions?

4. What is the surge level compared to rated level on worst case conditions for each critical part?

5. How does the load R on the current transformer (CT) affect saturation levels? I believe that CT is 1:1000 ratio with a rating of 20Amax with a 1Ω load and 4Amax@ 100Ω.

6. You ought to know by now, the relationship between max flux and electric field { B-H curves } are affected by the load R, which in this case is non-linear function of frequency as the load is the OA output impedance which increases with KHz + the the feedback values 100Ω & 1.5KΩ for each stage.

7. The design should not have undertaken to modify the secondary windings, rather understand the BH loop, test it. get Mfg specs, consult with them or at least reduce the Load R and increase OA gain with another stage if necessary.

8. If I were to evaluate efforts on this Rev. Eng, and I had time, it could have been simplified slightly and improved.

9. I am concerned about the instability of two stage PIC control and would not be surprised there may be problems here under dynamic load, especially loads with high crest factors (Pk/RMS ratio).

10. I expect more from Eng. Students in there efforts to learn.. Start by making a spec and a block diagram with specs for each block to create like a virtual component or block with inputs and outputs and a function curve or min/typ/max tolerance and sources of error.

11. How would you change the design schematic to show functional blocks so it can easily be re-design for any size with Select on Build P/N's Then once that is done, it is scaleable from 1kW, 5kW, 10kW,50kW etc. So that way of thinking gets you to understand how it works and what is affected and not affected to make a universal design..

12. How is harmonic content of the voltage affected by Power Factor PF of the load? e.g. Could you use Triac dimmed loads on the output?

13. (Although I admit to not reading all of the contents of this thread) the efforts, I have seen show thought into design criteria, test plan, test results. even a simple table. Bad form, weak supervision.

I digress, I know you may be just students, but the internet has so much info more than my day where I had to rely on trade magazines in the library. So I expect more. or at least as much as we accomplished back in the 70's in Canada as students or young graduates. But I too remember being a Rookie, so I have patience. It takes time, patience, simplification to block diagrams then attention to details in each block and how that affects the over-all design.

Hobbiests? no problem have fun, watch TV.
Screen shot 2012-05-24 at 3.00.55 PM.PNG

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-24 at 3.00.55 PM.PNG
    Screen shot 2012-05-24 at 3.00.55 PM.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

hello sir with all do respect instead of judging y don't u try helping

2-coke2k: well i solved all my problems it was a grounding problem as a first second i changed a lot in the sch i omitted the overload and someother stuff and i added another pic to control low battery and overload .... i just kept the original pic to generate the sine and not wast time and i actually made a 48V version 4k :D so best luck for all and never give up "i didn't...."

Hi my Friend,
This was long time ago, maybe in 2004-2005 years.
I found one old stand-alone inverter, which was not working well.
I don't remember exactly the model of the inverter and company name.
I try to fix and repair them, but i can not succeed.
Then I decide to make my own inverter design, based on this old inverter hardware, with some minor modifications.
I produced my own schematic and PCB design and wrote my own completely new firmware based on PIC16F876A MCU.
After some time I lost my initial design schematic and PCB files, and started to redesign it again, but I could redraw only the schematic.
I could not finish this inverter design, due to lack of time. And then I decide to share this inverter project with all good people in this helpful forum.
I think it was a good idea for people who want to make their own inverters or UPS.

Instead TLP250 use following optodrivers (DIP8):
https://www.vishay.com/docs/81314/vo3120.pdf for 24Vdc inverters
**broken link removed** for 24Vdc inverters
**broken link removed** for 24Vdc inverters

for other variants, please look here:
**broken link removed**

Best Regards,
Taner

Last edited:

Hi Mr Taner,
Nice to see you back after a long time. Thanks for donating the most discussed sine wave inverter project on the forum. I am not so familiar with c language I am using the open source compiler JAL can you kindly provide the flow chart for your software so that i can try it out.
Regards
ani

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mr Taner,
Nice to see you back after a long time. Thanks for donating the most discussed sine wave inverter project on the forum. I am not so familiar with c language I am using the open source compiler JAL can you kindly provide the flow chart for your software so that i can try it out.
Regards
ani

welcome back mr tanar. please what are the possible replacements for the Diodes feeding the opto drivers? i mean ss32 Diodes. am really happy to hear from you. i made my own version of ur inverter with my own firmware. i made a lot of reduction in the hardware. but all thanks to ur codes and u. thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

welcome back mr tanar. please what are the possible replacements for the Diodes feeding the opto drivers? i mean ss32 Diodes. am really happy to hear from you. i made my own version of ur inverter with my own firmware. i made a lot of reduction in the hardware. but all thanks to ur codes and u. thanks.

nice to see you again Mr Taner,

People must appreciate his work. I still remember his helping attitude, he is a nice guy.

Best Regards
Jamshaid Minhas

- - - Updated - - -

nice to see you again Mr Taner,

People must appreciate his work. I still remember his helping attitude, he is a nice guy.

Best Regards
Jamshaid Minhas

you can said that again jami007,taner is a nice person who is ready to help others more grease to his elbows.

Thanks for the kind words to all my Friends in this helpful forum :)
I could not finish this inverter, but I will help you to make your own inverters.

Best Regards,
Taner

:)

Hello there guys,

I'd like to do this inverter but I was wondering which circuit diagram and layout as well as source code are the most updated? The file that Californiajoe, named inverter.rar in the page 20 (I think), is the most updated one?

Best regards,
Charles

hello mr taner i wanna ask u if there is a possible way to add a potentiometer to change the freq if yes wat should we change in the prog

hai zousanda2
for changing the frequency you have to make the lookup table longer or shorter for minor adjustments and set the counter accordingly. else you have to change the pwm frequency
regards ani

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back