Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16F84A & PIC 16C56A

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutc

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16c56a

I write a program that can be running in 16F84A but can't run in 16C56A.
In the include file,i have change to "pic165x.h" from "pic16f84".
Who can help me thk.
I am looking for IAR for pic not for pic18,too.thk

best regard!!

internal structure of a pic16f84a

hi there,

what kind of program have you written? as far as i can remember, internal structure (registers size etc.) is different in both µs, and more importantly, PICs are (generely) not downward compatible.

I have IAR EWPIC, but it is not the actuall version. It is about 9MB.
how can you collect it ?

16f84a stack

This program is written with C language.

It is hard to tell you what to do without haveing a look at both the schematic and source code. Make sure u include proper header files like eg. PIC16C56 in your c code. Check your code and possibly rewrite sections that are precessor dependant eg. timers ( 8 bit vs. 16), interrupts etc. If you written the source in c, that should not be a problem.
Cheers :D

Hi,

i work many years ago with pic , if i remember corect the 84 have a differet stack depth , i think th 56 have only a 2 level stack.
if you call moretimes subroutine from subroutine you will loose the return-adress, check the struckture aof the programm....

i hope its help you

bye
joe

73 !

look at

h**p://www.orlov.wapil.com/ftp/Ebedded/IAR/FILES.HTM

PICS are different

All PICS have different architectures for example :

- All have diffent number of ports
- All have differnt register mappings

Status
Not open for further replies.