Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 12F675 Vs. 12F510

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky.pace

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

If Anyone can tell me which micro is best for power where live supply is controlling contactors with high spikes. One of my fried got problem in same type of project when he used 12F675. It gets hanged many time even WDT is active. Shoul I use 12F510????

Thanks
Vicky

Dear Vicky,

Going from 12F675 to 12F510 will not do anything to help you deal with the spikes. It's just slightly different controller within the same immediate family. Attack the source of EMI. Clean-up the spikes from power supply.

Good luck,
- Nick

P.S. The first PIC project I've ever built suffered from conducted EMI. The PIC was resetting. I had to add galvanic isolation between source of EMI and PIC.

I am also agree with kender point. You have to make sure that ur supply is noise free before connecting to microcontroller supply or adc channel of microcontroller.
Else it will create problem in ur project.

Regards
Chanchal

Status
Not open for further replies.