Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Physics vs. Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepillo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
physics vs engineering

Is it necessary, or at least an asset, for engineers to have good knowledge in physics?

Whatever personal experience, either for affirmative or negative case, would be welcome. Is anybody needing physics knowledge for professional engineering?

I think phiscs is very important for engineering.
if you don't know anything about field, then you can never imagine how signal is transmited.
I have read a book <Understanding Electronics using Basic Physics> by Ralph Morrison. In this book the author give us a very reason physics is very important for engineering.
(ohm,forgive my poor English.)

pepillo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Irata, are you working as an engineer? do you need physics knowledge?

I know device engineers need physics, isn't it?

Knowing the physics it is additional asset for you, studing physics it making your brain work, it is like execise. All electronics stuff is based on physics, in some cases you have go beyond just a data spec. Learn as long as you have chance, you never know when you need it

pepillo

both newtonian physics n modern physics are required by engineer...

i think engineer have everything to do wth physics...

sp

pepillo

Yeah physics is important to engineers, well the foundations of different discplines in engineering came from physics.

pepillo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back