Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photonic Crystal Fiber Simulation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansour_M

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
photonic crystal ppt

Hi Everyone!

Could any body help me with simulating ''Photonic Crystal Fiber" by "FDTD"?
It would be your nice if you help me with any Papers, eBooks or Guides.

Thanks!

Hi Mansoor

I've some refs about the issue. ut I am working on Photonioc crystal lasers.
also I have some PPT presentations.

I'm trying to simulate Photonic Crystal Fiber in the software VPItransmission Maker. Do you have used this software?. I need to find a good reference where I can get all parameters of this kind of fiber or a simulation with this software.

Regards

hi
you can use optiFDTD software to simulate optic fiber and PCF mail me for further information

Thanks for your reply.I don't know if the demo of this software could be used to implement a simulation of photonic crystal fiber. VPI software has a simulation of a universal fiber, so I need to look all information (linear, non linear parameters, raman, etc.) about PCF, so I could simulate it. Do you have this information about PCF?

if you have optiFDTD v6 or higher version you can simulation and analysis PCf all parameters such as(R.index.effective area and ....) but this soft ware is very expensive I dont know how we can download it freely.???????

What do you want to simulate? Do you just want to compute the modes of these waveguides to study their profiles, effective indices, and dispersion? If so, FDTD is probably not a good approach. Look more to a frequency-domain finite-element method like FEMLab or a finite-difference method.

If you want to model propagation through waveguide bends or discontinuities and the cross sectional area of your waveguide is very large, FDTD is an excellent approach and may even be the only feasible approach.

-Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.