Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photonic band gap structure (PBG ) modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
or microwave studio?

:)

Hi irfan1,

if you have some good+easy reference where all dimensions and required parameters are available, pls post it here then maybe we can all try to formulate an example and obtain results based on that?

I have one link and I will be trying to work on that for the moment:
**broken link removed**

Cheers,
Element7k

irfan1 said:
or microwave studio?

:)

Hi Irfan and Element7k,
Also , I know only that as a first approximation the centre frequency of the band gap will correspond to c/(2*a) , a= spacing between the air gap centers ( unit cells in general ) . How do I actually calculate the entire gap so thatI can make sure that the antenna operating frequency will fall properly in this band ? Can you give me any tool or analytical result to help calculate the band gap ? Do any one of you have access to the book "Photonic Crystals : MOlding the flow of light " by Joannopolous et. al.Thanks for your time.

-Arun

please check the attached paper. It would be interesting to compare the simulation results with the experiment results. I have the FDTD results for this paper and they agree quite well.

I think there is a free tool from MIT university. http://ab-initio.mit.edu/mpb/ . As far as I know it is for linux.
You may also check this page **broken link removed**

to irfan 1: I cant download your paper attached, would you please send me a copy to my email box?
Thank you so much

Dear svarun , irfan1 and ...

Sorry for my unrelated topic,

as you know, it is very common to use PBG (or in general EBG) substrates in new wideband microstrip antenna to enhance antenna efficiency (specialy bandwidth) by suppressing the surface waves. but may you introduce me another application of PBG structures in antenna technology.
thanks alot.

irfan1 said:
please check the attached paper. It would be interesting to compare the simulation results with the experiment results. I have the FDTD results for this paper and they agree quite well.

Can you send me your Matlab program for FDTD?? Thanks in advance..

Anyone got any CST examples for two dimensional periodic metal structures?? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back