Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photon vs electron speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.zahedi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
photon vs electron

why is photon speed more than electron speed?

speed of electron and photon

Electrons drift in an electric field - the electric field moves at the speed of light, the electrons don't.

b.zahedi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
photons versus electrons

Thats not quit right.Elektron like also photon has same speed in same medium:
For example in space vacum speed is same.:D

b.zahedi

electron speed

zlatkoMM said:
Thats not quit right.Elektron like also photon has same speed in same medium:
For example in space vacum speed is same.:D

:D

You maybe right! But I'm not sure that the speed of photons has been measured in many of the types of media that electrons travel through! In silicon, a photon will only travel a few microns (depending on wavelength, red travells further than blue), before being absorbed and converted to an electron. I'm not sure the transmission of photons through copper wire has ever been quantified.
Beta radiation consists of electrons, but I'm not sure of the speed they travel in free space.

b.zahedi

speed of electron

Hey

Physically, photon is a massless energy package that according to relativity theory would have the highest speed in a given medium (no matter what the medium is) with respect to any particle that has a defined mass (Ex. electron).

Hope it make sense

b.zahedi

electron speed photon

Yess ghaidini but photon is also paritcal not just wave.
OK you give best answer.

b.zahedi

speed of a photon relative to an electron

Thats not quit right.Elektron like also photon has same speed in same medium: For example in space vacum speed is same.
That's - excuse me - rubbish. In vacuum, e. g. in an electronic tube, you can have electrons with nearly zero speed, just forming a space charge. Seems as you don't know actually what you are talking about.

b.zahedi

calculating the speed of a photon and electron

Yess ghaidini but photon is also paritcal not just wave

Dear,
According to quantum mechanics, all particles are waves also, but comon particles that we know them are just more localized than other waves. Thus photon and electron both are particles but photon is a massless particle.

Best

Status
Not open for further replies.