Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photodiode- process requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sengyee88

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
photo diode process

Hi,

If I would like to develop photodiode onto silicon wafer, what kind of info i need from foundry?

I am looking for standard 0.35um CMOS process, is it all CMOS processes can have integrated photodiode?

Typically no Foundry will offer a photo diode as standard. The photo diode uses a thin P junction whose thickness depends on the wavelength of light it is being used for. This would differ depending on the application. Also the final passivation layer on CMOS is usually opaque to UV light. So for UV or near UV applications specially modified passivation layers are used. Foundries that build optical imaging CMOS (like cmos camera chips) may offer light sensitive components that would suit your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back