Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photoconductive antenna design using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishamalhotra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Greetings of the day.

I am trying to design Photoconductive antenna (PCA) to operate at THz range in HFSS. I am facing a problem in providing excitation to the structure. PCA needs two sources like one for its transmission line voltage source is needed and secondly Gaussian pulse at the place of gap of dipoles for photo-excitation. I read the papers related to PCA but couldn't find the result to provide excitation to the antenna structure. If someone has his/her experience in this area then kindly help me.

Regards
isha

Hello

Can you tell me more about transient simulations as in HFSS , I have chosen the solution type as Driven model. If you have some link or literature related to it then it would be highly appreciable and I will go through it.

Thanks and Regards

Yes I have found the literature on transient simulation in the help of hfss. Thank you so much for providing me the direction. I hope it will help me out in my design problem. I also do hope that in case I further need some guidance about this topic you will help me out.

Thanks and best Regards
isha

Hi PlanarMetaMaterials

As you had told to use transient solution in HFSS to construct the Photoconductive antenna, so did it so but now in simulation I am getting an error related to the gaussian beam excitation , the port assignment etc.

The error message I am receiving is as mentioned below:

Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port gaussian does not have a solved inside material on either side.

Can you please share with me how to correct the port assignment and the terminal assignment.

Thank you and regards
isha

Photocondutive antenna design using HFSS

Hello all,

I am working on HFSS for the design of Photoconductive antenna (PCA) but need help to know how to provide femto-second laser pulse excitation on the air-substrate interface.

If someone is familiar to such problem, please share the solution.

Thanks and Regards
isha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back