Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photo sensor circuit to robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

this is a username

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I am making a project where I build a checkerboard and have a robot play against me using digital logic. I will be wiring a photodiode under every square of the board and it will detect if there is a checker there or not. My question is how will I get that to go to a robot and have that robot decide which move to make using logic? My teacher says to use a comparator.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

this is a username said:
My teacher says to use a comparator.

And he is probably right, the only way a sensor can produce any usable signal (in this application) is by interfacing it via a comparator .. see attached picture ..
The level can be precisely set with a multi-turn-variable resistor ..

IanP
:|

ok thank you. so the output of the comparator would go to the input of the robot. The only problem is there are about 10 inputs on the robot and there are 64 squares on the checkerboard

Status
Not open for further replies.