Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photo Retouching Expert needed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdyusuf

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some expert suggestion on photo retouching. I would like to grab the attention of all the members here to know, how to remove the dark patches of the picture. Kindly assist me in completing the task.

Results are probably unsatisfactory when you simply trace an outline around the patch, and select Brighten.

There is a technique called dodging, which a photographer uses on film. Hold an opaque disc over the patch, turn on illumination, and move the disc rapidly in a small circle. The area of film directly below the disc gets less light, but with a blurred border transition, not a sharp border.

As I think about it, this might be how a photographer darkens the patch under the disc instead.

Anyway a graphics editor may have a similar command in its menu.

Your advice is pretty good . Could you suggest me any tutorial on how to remove the dark patches of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.