Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phone call limiter - 16F84 and source code needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivanko

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Phone call limiter

Anyone help ?
I need project with 16F84 for telephone call limiter and source code if is possible.

Re: Phone call limiter

The phone call will be limited in what way? How many minutes, how to be restarted.

Limit outgoing calls, all calls start with 0,9,or some other number : next, limit some call area 063,064 or some other : next, limit all calls except one
and some other functions and limiter is with PIC16F84 and MT8870.

Excuse me, I do not fully understand your question. limit here means phone-number limit?? That, you can only dial some of allowed phone number?

Ivanko said:
Limit outgoing calls, all calls start with 0,9,or some other number : next, limit some call area 063,064 or some other : next, limit all calls except one
and some other functions and limiter is with PIC16F84 and MT8870.
When you are dialing a number, you are already making an outgoing call, now maybe you are telling me is limit, international call, domestic long distances?

Yes the blocker must have next function:
-Block all calls starts with nr.0, or nr.1, or.........nr.9
-Block all calls starts with call area ( 0 X X ) ( X are numbers from 0-9)
-Block all calls except one
-Block all calls
-Must use power from tel. line

Maybe now is beter.

All you need is the IC that I am looking for my friend. MT8888 or MT8870, but I think it can't be powered by the phone line alone, just like your caller ID phone, you need batteries for it. Just interface it to a microcontroller then have it recognize the first number you dialed.

hi,

you need to study about DTMF and you need to isolate the phone from the phone line. taking over the phone function, monitor the phone keypress by decoding the DTMF. if the key is correct, release the phone line and pass it to the phone.

some time ago it was published by elektor a circuit that do that, but i use a atmel ic (i think)

wisely77 said:
hi,

you need to study about DTMF and you need to isolate the phone from the phone line. taking over the phone function, monitor the phone keypress by decoding the DTMF. if the key is correct, release the phone line and pass it to the phone.

That will be the function of the MT8880 or MT8870, to decode the keypress then let the microcontroller recognize it.

You should buy a small PABX. It's very cheap., About 100$ no shipping
I think that it's very cheaper your project

Status
Not open for further replies.