Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips P89C51X2BN programmer circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
p89c51x2bn

hai

can anybody direct me a programmer circuit which support the above microcontroller?

Will flash Magic Support this one ?

I happen to have a few pieces of this controller!!

Picstudent

philips programmer

This microcontroller can be programmed the same way as standard 8052 microcontroller.
There are several options, some will use PC parallel port, this one (link below) uses PCs RS-232 serial port:
**broken link removed**

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
p89c51x2bn programmer

Hai

Can you little more clarify about 8052 family? this is 8051 variety i think.

Flash magic supports almost all philips controllers .But this is not on the list.

Asim khans programer does 8051 family programing.Do you mean that this will be supported there?

Do you mean this chip is not serial programable like other philips chips or 89S51 family and this will require a complicated hardware like for 89C51.
picstudent

philips parallel programmer

There is the old 8051 core and the family of microcontrollers using the core is enormous. Now, some of them use the clasic type of programming where the programmer deliveres data through data port, Vpp and programming pulses through dedicated lines. And the P89C51 belongs to this branch.
On the other hand you have a lot of microcontrollers, still based on the 8051 core, but they can be programmed through the serial port. Unfortunatelly you can not do this with the P89C51 ..
I don't know A K programmer but if it claims it programs 8051/2 ..etc it will definitely program your microcontroller ..

UroBoros

isphardwareentryappnote.pdf

Hi Picstudent,

Unfortunately, Philips is not among manufacturer companies eager to release programming specification to public domain, included into specific data sheets product.
At least until you sign a NDA.
Reading P89C51X2 data sheet you can guess that only solution to program the flash is through parallel programmer. Not Flash Magic but genuine programmer manufactured by serious companies approved by Philips, or at least companies that deserved to know the programming specs.
Look at the bottom of page 2 in device comparison table, more specific PROGRAMMING ALGORITHM:

When using a parallel programmer,
be sure to select P89C5xX2 devices.
IF DEVICES ARE NOT YET
SELECTABLE ASK YOUR
PROGRAMMER VENDOR FOR A
SOFTWARE UPDATE

For programmer vendor goto philips web site and look to tools for programming P89C51X2.

Tell me honest, don't you hate Philips behavior which treats the readers as stupid newbies.
Otherwise why should they hide the programming specification and think that the only things that matters are the security features.
What philips thinks that manufactures, atomic bombs ?

Can someone post a link for product data, not preliminary data as currently found in web site.
I'm just curious if they had released the full specs inside product data. Well, at least I'm expected to be included into product data.

Regards,
silvio

UroBoros

programer circuit for philips 8051

the tran said:
Go to this website, ton of info:
h**p://www.esacademy.com/software/flashmagic/

Seems you didn't read what IanP said about P89C51x2 programming.

If you bother enough read first:
https://www.esacademy.com/software/flashmagic/appnotes/ISPHardwareEntryAppNote.pdf
then comeback and give a nice solution to Picstudent and tell him how to use an ISP interface for a microcontroller that has not one.

My advice: try digging a little before posting.

UroBoros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back