Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips chassis G8.1AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tendi

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
philips chassis

Hi everyone,
Iam looking for service manual/schematic for the 29' philips tv, chassis G8.1AA.

philips chasis g8

I am also looking for the same chassis service manual , please share if you already got it. thanks

g8 chassis uses

I still have not got the schematic/service manual for the G8.1AA. However, I succeded in repairing the TV. May be if you post your problem on the forum I, or anyone else may assist.

philip g8 tv

Glad to hear that you solve your Tv problem.
May be you can help :
1) what is the verticla IC used in G8.1A ?
2) where is the location on the main board ?
thanks !

tuning old philips tv

Sorry for the late response:

The vertical IC: TDA3654Q and the location is 7800.

tendi...

philips g8

thank you for the info.
The problem is : when TV just turned on, it jump . After it is warmed up, the picture stabilized . but still being compressed => it becomes rectangle , top and bottom are black . Do you think it is pure IC problem or some capacitor also ?

Next , do you have the circuit diagram or pcb layout of this verticle IC portion ?

philips chassis manual

Your problem seems to be around the vertical i.c. Try replacing the flyback/boost capacitor as well as the output coupling capacitor feeding the vertical york.
TDA3654, see attached. The boost cap is connected between pins 6 and 8 of the i.c.

chassis top philips

thanks tendi .
where is the output coupling capacitor feeding the vertical york ?

tv philips chasis g8

THE COULPING CAP IS CONNECTED TO PIN 5 0F THE TDA3654Q

chassis list philips 2006

Thank you very much for your help, tendi .

philips chassi

tendi, please advice the location item number and component value of :
1) boost cap is connected between pins 6 and 8 of the i.c.
2) COULPING CAP IS CONNECTED TO PIN 5 0F THE TDA3654Q
thanks.

philips chassis g8.1

I have changed a new IC and coupling capacitor, the screen no more flickering =>I think the problem has been solved :)

But there still have black portion at top/bottom screen.
When turn to TV test signal pattern, the circle is not so round . I supposed the TV needs some tuning . I remenber in old day, there are knob/resistor at the back of TV for user to adjust the pattern to expand/contract the pciture verically/ horizontally, this is to get the picture fill in nicely to the whole screen .
May I know where ( which variable components) I shall adjust to get the tuning done ?
thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back