Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PhD, related to electronic engineering discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.

parinda

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I from sri Lanka. i completed my masters degree in applied electronics. my bachelor's degrees is about physics, mathematics and statistics. so is it possible to follow phd related to electronic engineering discipline like microelectronics, embedded systems, dsp

thank you

Go for it. But try to see whether you can get a job once you complete your PhD i.e. is someone going to have an issue with your bachelors.

Anyway, I wish good luck to what you end up doing :)

thank your for your opinion communication_engineer

want to ask something or just get praise?

i want to know my effort to find such a PhD is realistic or not. mean want to know the general attitude of University Prof. about non Electronic Engineering student who is looking for a EE related PhD

get in touch with the university which offers phd in electronics and get the info if they provide u with phd with your educational background

thank you for your advice joydeepsarkar87. i got to know that universities in USA are more concern on the type of bachelor degree while in European university much concern on the subject which were followed thro' out our bachelor and masters studies. am i right?

i don't think they award twice for a single applicant. isn't it? :?: i got that scholarship for my masters degree.

no, i don't think so, i just had only for my project, about 9 months.

yup it's scholarship for mobility, yup i have to ask from them. but before i going to further i have to verify any one out there went on this path before, i mean Bs in physics Ms in applied electronics PhD in EE or similar path

wasting time for non-realistic thing is not tolerable when concern with my age (i'm in end of 20)

of course i always like to do research, love to work on academic environment?

i see, here we have growing demand for such positions with introduction of private universities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back