Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase shifter working in the 2-6 GHz range - design

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan681

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phase shifter

I want to design a phase shifter working in the 2-6 GHz range

Do you want a fixed phase shift or a variable one? Do you want a mechanical version, such as a double stub tuner or an electronic solution using something like microstrips and PIN diodes? Whats the application?

Reactions: saweng

saweng

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
phase shifter

I also want to design the same thing but fixed degree phase shift.

first, I am trying to design 90' phase shift operating between 2-6 GHz, and then I want to widen the bandwidth to 2-8 and so on.

I know a lumped element solution. I need to convert this model into distributed one. All I need is to simulate the series capacitor.

any help is appreciated.

thnx
Lkuzu

Reactions: saweng

saweng

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
classical method

The classical methods are branch line couplers and parallel line couplers. To get these wide bandwidths, you will have to use many elements and usually an analysis program with an optimizer. In each type the elements are a quarter wave long at the center frequency. In the branch line method they are of different impedances. In the parallel line method they are different distances. In both methods the system is symetrical from end to end.

the lange coupler lately is always used in broadband shifter,and using cascaded coupler reflective phase shfter was reported reaching the 1-19GHz wideband.

phase shifter

zgx,

could you give us more information about lange couplers as a phase shifter device? You say 1-19 GHz bandwidth reported, but where? Could you give us paper name and year?

Lkuzu

Here is a paper

Here is a paper on a six finger coupler. It has 90+-3 degrees over a 10:1 frequency range although the amplitude of the two outputs vary by 1 dB or 2.

**broken link removed**

please look at it "Decade bandwith hybrid analogue phase shift using...."
Electronics Letters,1992,28(11),PP1064-1065.
sorry. I have not this paper.

phase shifter

What is the phase shift you are looking for????
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back