Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Question on S-Parameter Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff McGuirk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
s parameter phase

Hello,

I think there has been a thread on this, but it is rather old and has died. I am trying to repeat the results from the paper, "Electromagnetic parameter retrieval from inhomogeneous metamaterials" by Smith et al (see )

I have simulated the unit cell shown in Figure 2 of the paper in HFSS (also attached). The results for |S11| match what is shown in the paper in Figure 3a. However, the phase is not correct for the S21 term. What puzzles me is the phase is off by a factor of -pi. Thus, if I export the S-parameter data to Matlab, change the phase on S21 by -pi, and proceed to extract the refractive index and impedeance, I get the exact results shown in Figures 3c - 3f. I have included my Matlab code as well. I do not understand why my phase is not correct. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Jeff

s parameter

Can not open m-file.
Attach m-file again plz
Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back