Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase power regulator for transmitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

After problem with welding machine that sometimes like to destroy line fuse, and often likes to be adjust for welder current, I decide to make regulator.
It’s based on integrated phase regulator for thyristors U209B – very hard to buy at local shops, but no problem to find at the internet. As a executive element we have triac BTA 41-600.
Boards are designed in protel , based on diagram from https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/forums.html
Most elements I bought at local shop. Unfortunately they didn’t have resistors with small resistance and power – that’s why 12 resistors 0,25W solder into “spider” instead two by 15k-1-3W

While installing this kind of device you need to pay a lot attention – system without any separation from power grid could be very not nice if you touch it.!
You need also be very cautious when making executive elements. Because high voltage that goes in system to current paths I solder wire with cut 1,5mm^2 - what including tin gives ~3mm^2. connections between bones and boards of steering system are made by wire 4mm^2.
First test was failed. It’s because I made a mistake – changing places of ZAS and STER connection. Luckily before first start I plugged a 20W bulb in series connection, thanks to that integrated circuit stayed alive – only R3 burned.
If someone would like to use my boards, he has to when connecting steering parts with executive parts connect wires in ZAS and STER in cross way.
Original text and boards project are available on https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1511806.html

Status
Not open for further replies.