Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Noise test with R&S FSU 1166 spectrum analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff44

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is anyone familiar with this Rhode and Schwartz FSU spectrum analyzer. I have a simple question....when I run the built in phase noise measuring application, is the output reporting SSB or DSB phase noise (ie. single sideband or double sideband phase noise). I tried to find this in the manuals, but it does not say.

I would assume SSB is the norm, but wanted to verify that.

Rich

Should be SSB.
To do a quick verification compare the phase noise that you get with the standard phase noise measurement using a spectrum analyzer given by the equation:
SA_PhaseNoise[dBc/Hz] = Carrier_Power[dBm] – Noise_Power@frequency_offset[dBm] – 10*LOG(RBW[Hz])

that is a good point. Obviously I can observe the SSB phase noise in a given RBW, and then compare it to the reported phase noise of the app. I do not know what the R&S filter shaping factor correction is....I will have to assume it is minimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back