Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Noise Simulation of Ring Osc. with spectreRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruritania

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phasenoise simulation

Hi, all,

How to get the right phase noise curve in spectreRF?? I got the positive one for the close-in, thought it must be wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Ruri

spectrerf oscillator application notes

check the cadence application note about oscillator simulation , there is a steps to measure the phase noise

khouly

phase noise calculation cadence simulation

Thank you, Khouly, did you mean the following document?

www.cadence.com/community/virtuoso/resources/SpectreRF_VCO533AN.pdf

There's nothing about the Ring oscillator phase noise simulation. My current issue on the phase noise simulation is that the "close-in" phase noise of the osc is positive, how can this be possible??

Thanks,
Ruri

why positive phase noise?

i think that's y the PSS detected the oscillation frequqncy with soome error , so the oscillation occur in frequancy shift

i am not an expert in PSS setup , but try to make it detect the oscillation frequency more accurately

another thing try to increase the time , tstab , which may increase the accuracy of the simulation

which this help u

Khouly

why phase noise is positive?

Hello
PASE NOISE can be positive. For ex modulate vco with noise source the phase noise spectrum will be ~1/f.
voltage noise (in dbc) can be positive in <1Hz bounds. In such case integral of dbc can be 1 (0db)
Spectre PSS (and not only spectre PSS) prediction of oscillator voltage noise near carrier is not true. It is analysis property.

Regards

positive phase noise

of course no!
Grig said:
Hello
PASE NOISE can be positive. For ex modulate vco with noise source the phase noise spectrum will be ~1/f.
voltage noise (in dbc) can be positive in <1Hz bounds. In such case integral of dbc can be 1 (0db)
Spectre PSS (and not only spectre PSS) prediction of oscillator voltage noise near carrier is not true. It is analysis property.

Regards

phase noise spectre

Hi
What's Your Opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back