Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase margin of opamp in bandgap reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
winsonpku said:
could you explain the second issue in details?
I can't understand low Vdsat can reduce the offest of opamp

Suppose there is a diffrence of 'dI' in diff-pair currents due to mismatch. This will be seen at the input as an I/P OFFSET='dI/gm'. Here 'gm' is 'gm' of diffpair. So to have low offset 'gm' should be more i.e. for a given 'Id', 'vdsat' should be low.
(Ref: Baker, Lee, Boyce).

Hope I am able to make my point clear.

Regards

Thanks for your warm explanation.
In fact, i think reduce the offset of opamp, biger gm of input transistor is more accurate than lower Vdsat.

ipsc said:
winsonpku said:

Suppose there is a diffrence of 'dI' in diff-pair currents due to mismatch. This will be seen at the input as an I/P OFFSET='dI/gm'. Here 'gm' is 'gm' of diffpair. So to have low offset 'gm' should be more i.e. for a given 'Id', 'vdsat' should be low.

Regards

ipsc said:
winsonpku said:

Regards

So, I need the bigger size of diff-pair because gm must be larger, right?

shaq said:
ipsc said:
winsonpku said:

Regards

So, I need the bigger size of diff-pair because gm must be larger, right?

yes, you are right!, shaq

winsonpku, I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.