Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase correction in LTC6400 is possbile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul98

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I need help if possible. At the output of this circuit I have a phase shift of about 11 ° at 200Mhz. Is there a practical way to reduce it or rather eliminate it? I tried to apply a feedback resistor to the output but without success. At least without losing income. Thanks!.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Attachments

• 640026.pdf
    225.4 KB · Views: 64

The purpose of showing V(3) magnitude in your post is mysterious.

According to datasheet, the amplifier has an almost constant group delay of about 0.5 ns, the equivalent of 10 cm coax cable length. Constant group delay respectively linear phase is the preferred behavior of an amplifier because if involves no waveform distortion. Noone would try to correct it, technically there's no way to implement a negative delay

I have attached the image showing an out of phase of 11 ° at 200Mhz on one of the unfiltered outputs. I took it for granted because it is based on the standard model scheme. The filter outputs have a greater drift on the phase. Isn't it correct to use it in this way?

No, you can't really do anything to eliminate that delay (at least not while maintaining a flat magnitude response). But I'm betting you don't need to eliminate the delay. What's your application?

It can be seen as a low signal RF detector but the important thing would be that the output remains in phase without phase shift. And that's why I asked if it was possible to eliminate it. If I use a second stage with an inverting input, can I solve this problem? Thanks.

How do I do it in a practical way? Delay lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back