Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase and attenuation constant of 1-D periodic structure using CST or HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xysean

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I intend to plot B/ko and a/ko plots of this paper through simulation either in CST or HFSS. The plots are shown in figure 5 of the paper (link below). The link to implementation of this antenna in CST is below as well. I have come across alot of answers but none of them seem to give me the right plot and at this point, I am not sure which one of them is right. I have tried eigenmode solver using slow-wave example, frequency domain solver has a gamma plot but normalizing it through ko doesn't give the right response either. Also, I have plotted in HFSS using floquet ports. and I have tried to use the formula [acos(((1-s(1,1)*s(2,2)+s(1,2)*s(2,1)))/2/s(2,1)) ]. Please assist me on this. Thanks.

Paper: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=8754760

Implementation of paper in CST: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.