Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PGC and PGD buffers on ICD2 from microchip and inchworm+

Status
Not open for further replies.

petbos

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic pgc pgd

I've have troubles with the communication between my ICD2 and my target system.
Sometimes everything is working perfect (programming, verify-ing, debugging, etc), but sometimes i've got an error mostly during verify-ing or debugging.
My communication lines PGC and PGD are made like inchworm ICD like this image

53_1186082382.jpg

I see that microchip use drivers voor these communication lines. See this image

3_1186082596.jpg

This because these lines are bidirectional.
Could this maybe cause my troubles ??
Am i the only one who has these troubles ?? What about all the other inchworm users ??

pgc icd2

maybe to long cables...
just use less than 30 cm from the connector to the PIC... also try to not use RB7 and RB6 for anything else... also check your MCLR/VPP part... some times it mess... (also check vpp voltages with MPLAB and with multimeter)

just a question (for you) when it has problem at veriying... is the program working? (you programmed the pic, got error, but pic is working anyway)? maybe isn`t just at veryfing but at programming...

pgc pgd microchip

The cable is very short (10 cm), the lines aren't uses for anything. So they are clean.

It's not the programming that is fault. I erased my controller and checked if the controller still was working (blinking leds). It wasn't. So I reprogrammed it, got an error during the verify fase, but my leds are blinking. So the programming fase is correct.
The second time i tried it to program, it worked and i could start debug te program.
As you can see in this image
91_1186175289.jpg

Added after 25 minutes:

Another thing i don't mentioned. I changed the PGD and the PGC now with buffers like microchip's ICD (used 74HCT245 because i don't have 74HC126) , but i've got still tesame troubles

inchworm+

hi

does inchworm+ work on mplab v8.10

thanx

Added after 23 minutes:

hi
does inchworm+ work on mplab v8.10

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com