Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

perturbation projection vector (PPV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkumar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
perturbation projection vector

hi all,

i need to find the perturbation projection vector of a LC oscillator. Can someone tell me how can i find that. I know that i have to do some sort of simulation in spice but what exactly do i have to do?

thanks much.

perurbation projection vector

I think you have to point out a change in some network variables depending on a pertubation source.

If for instance the pertubation source is a changing device current of an active device in your oscillator then you have to run two simulations. One with, the other w/o the pertubation current on. Then compare the difference over time, typical over a period.

There is also a typical characterisation which is called "impulse sensitivity function". There the pertubation source is a impulse which is a very fraction of the oscillation period. Most setups use a gaussian function. The change of phase depending on the actual position within the period is then plotted. It gives insight at which phases the oscillator is sensitive to pertubations.

YuanLeeosc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back