Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Permeability in a transformer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

himmler

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Permeability

If i put together 2 ferrite (E) with µ=2000 , the resultant µ will be the same ? ori it will change ?

Re: Permeability

i think it will not change... as it is of same material

Permeability

Hi himmler,

mu is the same if the material is the same.
What changes is reluctance of the magnetic circuit. It halves if there is no dispersed flux (mu>>1).
Regards

Z

Re: Permeability

Actually µ isn't affected at all by the dimensions of the ferrite material you're using. But it is affected by the amount of magnetic flux passing through. This is what we call the hysteresis effect.

Concerning you're question, I assure you once again that µ isn't changed among the 2 shapes you showed. It is a constant characteristic of the material itself. While The reluctance (magnetic resistance of material) is affected

reluctance = L/µA, where L≡ length of substrate, A≡cross sectional area, µ≡permeability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back