Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PERL Scripting for ASIC Verification --Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice_vlsi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I just started learning PERL. What part of PERL I have to concentrate for ASIC VERIFICATION.

Can anybody point me to sample scripts to invoke testbench.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Novice_vlsi

Every thing in perl starting from scalars,arrays,hashs,lists...,is important

But,concentrate more on File handlers,Regular expressions....,which are more important in PERL

With Regards,
D.Raviteja

I am not sure scripting is the answer for verification. My view is that you can write scripts to drive commands. We usually use systemverilog and C++ to do our verification in conjuction with OVM.

But do learn PERL as u go into a project, you may be asked to do some part of automation(like segregating error messages from log files and dumping them into a new error manager file etc.) which you cant do without the help of PERL. Concentrate more on Arrays, String & FIle handling parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back